The Committee has received a response from Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada to Resolution 5-22 and it is now posted on the website.
Since 2020, the ASBPC has endeavored to adjust administrative processes for resolutions to make it easier for ASBs to provide feedback and have input into how resolutions are advanced. These changes have been made to provide more time for reviewing and providing feedback.
- Responses are posted on the website as they are received and notice is sent out through the blog.
- Sponsoring municipalities and their ASBPC representative are notified of the response by direct email and are invited to provide feedback.
- ASBPC members are notified by email when a response is received.
- Resolution grading forms are made available on the website so ASBs can grade them as they come in. In the past these forms were sent out June 1 and required back by June 30.
- Details of the deadlines and process for resolutions is posted on Resolution Rules of Procedure page for quick reference.
The ASBPC welcomes feedback from the ASB chairs through their regional representatives on the 2022 resolution responses. We also welcome any information or feedback on any of the active resolutions posted on the website from ASB members.
The ASBPC will meet by April 15 to discuss the responses received and give them initial grades. At this time your ASBPC representative will share any comments your ASB has on the resolution, and the Committee will follow up with the respondent for more information if needed. Final grades are assigned by June 30 once all the ASB grading sheets are received.